Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, October 24, 2020

The Road Less Traveled

An Original Work / October 24, 2020

 

I had a choice between two roads –

One was narrow, and one was broad,

One was honest, and one a fraud,

One of the devil, one of God.

 

I had to choose which one to take –

The road less traveled, will it do?

Or should I choose what others do?

Which will be false, and which is true?

 

I had to choose, for time is short –

Life on this earth not guaranteed,

For it can be cut off, indeed.

I had to choose, do it with speed.

 

So, choose I did, I made my choice –

I chose the narrow road as best,

That in Christ’s life I would invest,

E’en though I knew it’d be a test.

 

I made the right choice, yes I did –

I chose to leave my life of sin,

And let Christ Jesus to come in,

And follow Him until the end.

 

I keep on choosing Him, you see –

To daily choose Him, yes I do,

To follow Him now, through and through,

To do the things He did – me, too.

No comments: