Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Savage Wolves

Sunday, September 11, 2011, 8:37 a.m. – The song, “Jerusalem,” was playing in my mind when I awoke this morning. Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Acts 19-20. While I was still in chapter 19 or had just begun to read chapter 20, I recalled a vision the Lord had given me in the middle of the night (between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.). I was up in the night with indigestion, so I spent a great deal of time praying for revival for our nation and the church in the USA, for the salvation of souls, and for the salvation and revival of my family members (immediate and extended family). That is when I had this vision.

THE VISION: I saw the back of my youngest son’s head. [My youngest son is in the US army and has had 3 tours of duty overseas – 1 in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan.] In this vision, my son had grown pointed ears. Then, he turned his head quickly to the left (or west). END

This morning, as I was reading the scripture, and when the Lord brought this vision back to mind, I began praying for understanding of the vision and the meaning of the back of his head and the pointed ears, in particular, and the turning of his head toward the west. Just then I read these words in Acts 20:13-38:

Paul’s Farewell to the Ephesian Elders
13 We went on ahead to the ship and sailed for Assos, where we were going to take Paul aboard. He had made this arrangement because he was going there on foot. 14 When he met us at Assos, we took him aboard and went on to Mitylene. 15 The next day we set sail from there and arrived off Kios. The day after that we crossed over to Samos, and on the following day arrived at Miletus. 16 Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus to avoid spending time in the province of Asia, for he was in a hurry to reach Jerusalem, if possible, by the day of Pentecost.

17 From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church. 18 When they arrived, he said to them: “You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

22 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.

25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

32 “Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing. 34 You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

36 When he had said this, he knelt down with all of them and prayed. 37 They all wept as they embraced him and kissed him. 38 What grieved them most was his statement that they would never see his face again. Then they accompanied him to the ship.
My Understanding: It is now 5:33 p.m. on Sunday, 9/11/11. I just heard a report that F18, fighter jets, are flying over Raleigh, and that there are many of them. My son is stationed about an hour from Raleigh. This report moved me to come to the computer and to write what the Lord had taught me this morning. I believe this vision the Lord gave me in the night is about the US government, in particular the White House, turning on and against its own people. A head is a symbol of authority and it was my son’s head that I saw turn toward the west. His head is the president of the USA or the US government and/or NATO.

It was also the back of his head that I saw, symbolizing him turning his back against the people of America, I believe, plus it is also symbolic of past, i.e. our government turning against its own people on 9/11/01. As well, he had pointed ears, which I did not understand until I read this passage of scripture about the savage wolves coming in among us who will not spare the flock, but who will distort the truth in order to gather disciples after them. The US government did that 10 years ago when they blamed the events of 9/11/01 on foreign terrorists and on planes flying into buildings, yet the Lord has shown me over and over again that this was an inside job, as well as I have read scientific articles which refute the official story of that day.

I read several news articles today about 9/11/01 tenth anniversary celebrations. Evidently our president, Barack Obama, read Psalm 46 at one such remembrance. Psalm 46 is a Psalm about God being the refuge and strength for his children, yet it is also a Psalm about judgments of God on nations in the form of earthquakes and floods, and perhaps Tsunamis, as well as it is about the fall of nations. Yet, in all of this, God is able to keep his children from falling spiritually, because he dwells within our hearts and his Holy Spirit is a river of life springing up within us to keep us steadfast in our relationship with Jesus Christ. So, even though our nation may fall and we may soon experience massive judgments of God on our nation, we can be comforted in knowing that God is our refuge and our strength and our ever-present help in time of trouble.

Psalm 46, which President Obama read today commemorating the events of 9/11/01, also asks for us to come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations he has brought on the earth. Yet, we are to be still and to know that no matter what happens, he is God and he will be exalted among the nations and in the earth. I can’t help but wonder why Obama chose this passage of scripture to read. Was he giving us a message? Was he letting us know what is coming to America soon because he has inside information? The vision the Lord gave me early this morning appears to suggest that our leaders are turning against their own people and that sometime in the near future we will see their hand coming against us, which God will allow, I believe, to bring our nation to its knees, because we, as a nation, have forgotten its God.

Evidently, George W. Bush was present at this memorial, as well. Obama apparently alluded to the idea that the way America handled the events of that day was consistent with the personality of our nation. Maybe he was talking about the people of America, I don’t know, but the character of our leaders is definitely in question. They lie to us all the time, and most of the news media is controlled by the government, if not all of it, so most of what is produced through the mainstream media is made up for the benefit of the American public, which has, for the most part, bought into those lies. And, I believe the Lord is, again, showing me our government and their allies as “Savage Wolves” who have come in among us, God’s church, and that they will not spare the flock. They are distorting the truth in order to gather disciples after them, and many, many Christians in America have bought into their lies and are following after them as disciples, believing that our government and our military are fighting for the freedoms of American citizens, yet their plan is to do to us just what they have done to the other nations of the world. It is just a matter of when.

So, God is calling out to his church, Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God, and he is calling us to bow down, to let Christ make us new, to obey our Lord Jesus Christ, to trust him as our Lord and Savior without delay, to turn from our sins, and to let Christ rule in our hearts as the master of our lives. This is a call similar to the words spoken in Revelation to the church of Laodicea. Jesus is standing at the door and knocking and he is asking his church in America, I believe, to invite him in to have fellowship with him via repentance of sin and a conscious choice to follow the Lord Jesus in obedience and surrender of our wills to the will of God in our lives. And, he will purify our hearts. As well, this is a call to honor God as the Holy One and to serve him only as our God, instead of just taking him for granted. And, there is a sense of urgency to this call, as well.

Paul stated here in this chapter of Acts that he served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although he was severely tested by the plots of the Jews against him. He did not hesitate to preach anything that would be helpful to them, but he taught them publicly and from house to house. He was fully dedicated to preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and to helping the people to become true disciples of Christ, and to know how to live for the Lord. He said that he declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. Again, we learn that we must repent of our sins in turning to our Lord Jesus in faith. And, God is calling out to his church in America to repent today.

Paul knew that wherever the Holy Spirit sent him that prison and hardships would be facing him. However, he considered his life worth nothing, “if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” And, I believe the Holy Spirit is warning the church in the USA that the hardships and persecutions that have faced believers in Jesus Christ in other nations now await us, as well, so we must be prepared, and we, too, must consider our lives worth nothing if only we may finish the race the Lord Jesus has laid out for each one of us to run, as well, which includes us being witnesses for Jesus Christ to a world which needs a Savior.

So, hear God calling today, answer his call, invite him in, turn from sin, and obey him today. Difficult times are ahead. We must remain steadfast in our faith and we must be wise and discerning about the “savage wolves” among us who are distorting the truth in order to gain followers after them. I like what someone said today to the pastors of our churches. She gave them a word of exhortation when she told them that the people in their churches were coming today, looking for hope, so she told them to point them to the cross, not to the flag. Amen! We need to pray and ask God to show us if we have bought into the lies of our government (the savage wolves among us) and if we have become their disciples over and above being disciples of Jesus Christ. Make Jesus your Lord today!

Jerusalem / An Original Work / May 2, 2011

…you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God… Heb. 12:22

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, hear now your King of kings.
He speaks to you, Jerusalem, in all His majesty.
Oh, listen now, Jerusalem, He’s calling out to you.
Hear Him call you, Jerusalem; He’s waiting now for you.
Won’t you bow down, Jerusalem? Let Christ make you anew!

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, hear God’s call to obey
Your Lord and Savior, Christ the King; trust Him without delay.
Turn from your sin, Jerusalem; let Christ rule in your hearts.
Invite Him now, Jerusalem, to save you; grace impart,
And purify, Jerusalem, your hearts of all your sin!

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, hear your God’s final plea
To come to Him, Jerusalem, right now on bended knee.
Make Him your Lord, Jerusalem; He’s your Messiah, King.
Honor Him as the Holy One, your off’rings to Him bring.
And serve Him now, Jerusalem, for He is Christ your King!

Song Lyrics @ Public Domain

Audio, song lyrics and sheet music:
https://sites.google.com/site/psalmshymnssongs/home/songs/jerusalem

Song on video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-lrHAbU66k
http://www.godcares.tv/video/1151/Jerusalem

News Articles Referenced:

Names of 9/11 attack victims echo across WTC site
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SEPT_11_ANNIVERSARY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-11-09-26-39

9/11 LIVE: Scenes from the 9/11 anniversary
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SEPT_11_RUNNING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-11-09-45-40

No comments: