Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Butterfly

The Butterfly

Thursday, September 01, 2011, 12:00 p.m.
-

My friend, Megan, sent me a computer generated butterfly today that she had created with various key strokes from a computer keyboard. Nonetheless, the butterfly did not translate well to my phone or to my computer, and all I could see were the individual keyboard strokes, i.e. the individual pieces making up the butterfly. Yet, I could not see the whole picture in its completed form.

Sometimes we are like that about God and about his working in our lives. Occasionally all we see are the individual strokes of a pen or characters on a keyboard or whatever pieces God may have us fill within his great picture of life, and yet we may not see the whole picture yet. Thus, we might feel insignificant or sense that we are not making a difference. Yet, even though we may feel like we are irrelevant pieces in the butterfly, just like one character in Megan’s drawing, we are not insignificant to God nor is our service to him unimportant, even though we may not yet see the completed picture and how it all comes together.

Someone sent me this devotional today, which encouraged me greatly. As well, I was amazed, again, at how God put everything together, by having Megan send me her drawing of a butterfly on exactly the same day that my friend, Gela, sent me this devotional, and then how he showed me the way in which the drawing and the devotional fit together.

Good morning and have a great day…

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.” Zec 4:10 NLT

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

No comments: