Galatians 1:10-12 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“10Am I now seeking the approval of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. 11For I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached was not devised by man. 12I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.”
As Followers of Christ
As followers of Jesus Christ our goal should always be to
please our Lord and not the flesh. This doesn’t mean that we do not do what
brings us pleasure, as long as it is not contrary to the will of God, but that
our central focus in life is to please the Lord in all that we are and do and
say, that it might bring glory to God. Our focus in life should not be on
pleasing the flesh and to seek after human approval. Especially those of us who
are in full-time Christian ministry, we should not do what we do for human
approval.
Called of God
For example, I am called of God to write down what I am
learning from Him during my times with Him each day in His word and to post
these writings on the internet so that “a herald may run with it.” I am writing
under the direction and leading of the Holy Spirit and not from my own flesh.
The Lord leads me each day in where to read in the Scriptures and as to the
message He wants me to receive and to share each day. And these messages are
not always going to meet with all human approval. Many of them will not.
But I must write what the Lord leads me to write even
knowing that some people may object, and they may criticize me, or they may want
nothing to do with me because I am just too weird or too radical for their
comfort zone. I must write what the Lord leads me to write even if people
attack me and falsely accuse me of wrong because they disagree with me. But
many times their disagreements are with what the Scriptures teach on various
subjects because they are buying into the lies of what the enemy is teaching.
My Goal in Life
But if my goal in life was to say what I know people like to
hear so that they would like me, then I would not be a servant of Christ. If my
goal in life was to gather around me a large following, and so I said what
itching ears want to hear rather than what they need to hear, then I would
cease to be a servant of the Lord. I must speak the truth of God’s word, even
the hard truths that many do not want to hear, for the salvation of human lives
from sin that they might have eternal life with God, in truth and in
righteousness.
I must be a diligent student of the Scriptures who seeks to
know and to understand what they teach so that I am sharing the truth of God’s
word with the people of the world and not the lies which are so popularized
today. And I must be willing to speak on difficult topics which many do not
want to hear, because the truth needs to be taught. For so many people
professing faith in Jesus Christ are believing the lies which make them feel
good, and many of them are continuing to walk in sin and not in obedience to
God.
The Scriptures Teach
But the Scriptures teach that if any of us would come after
Christ that we must deny self, take up our cross daily (die daily to sin and to
self and to suffer for the sake of righteousness), and follow our Lord in
obedience to His commands. For the grace of God is not permission to keep on
sinning without conscience. The grace of God is training us to renounce
ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright, and
godly lives while we await our Lord’s return for His faithful bride (see Titus
2:11-14).
For by God-gifted faith in Jesus Christ, which is not of our
own doing, we are crucified with Christ in death to sin and raised with Christ
to walk in newness of life in Him, no longer to live as slaves to sin but as
slaves to righteousness in walks of obedience to God’s commands. We are no
longer to permit sin to reign in our mortal bodies to make us obey its desires.
For if sin is what we obey, it results in death. But if obedience to God is
what we obey, it results in sanctification, and its end is eternal life with
God (see Romans 6:1-23).
[Matthew 7:13-14,21-23; Luke 9:23-26; John 10:27-30; Acts
26:18; Romans 1:18-32; Romans 2:5-10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans
8:1-14; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 1
Corinthians 10:1-22; 2 Corinthians 5:10,15,21; Galatians
5:16-24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Titus 2:11-14;
Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-13; Hebrews 10:19-39; Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24;
1 John 1:1-10; 1 John 2:1-6; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 2:1-29; Revelation
3:1-22]
Pleasing God or Humans?
An Original Work / September 11,
2026
Christ’s Free
Servant, Sue J Love
Oh, to Be Like Thee, Blessed Redeemer
Lyrics by Thomas O. Chisholm, 1897
Music by W. J. Kirkpatrick, 1897
Oh,
to be like Thee! blessèd Redeemer,
This
is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly
I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus,
Thy perfect likeness to wear.
Oh,
to be like Thee! full of compassion,
Loving,
forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping
the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking
the wandering sinner to find.
O
to be like Thee! lowly in spirit,
Holy
and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly
enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing
to suffer others to save.
O
to be like Thee! while I am pleading,
Pour
out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love;
Make
me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit
me for life and Heaven above.
Oh,
to be like Thee! Oh, to be like Thee,
Blessèd
Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come
in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp
Thine own image deep on my heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYhiK2nQBg
Caution:
This link may contain ads

No comments:
Post a Comment