Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Why Do I Do What I Do?

Why do I do what I do each day?

Why do I trust God and to Him pray?

Why do I give my life up to Him?

Why do I live for Him, not for a whim?


I have learned many things in my life.

Some things I learned from Him, learned in strife.

Empty, hurting I was, needed Him.

Needed the light of truth, not what’s dim.


Needed a fortitude, strength within.

Needed my sins forgiv’n, life in Him.

Needed a purpose, a plan for life.

Needed lies not believe that are rife.


In Christ I found what my life’s all about.

My faith increased in Him, not with a doubt.

Living for Him I now do ev’ry day,

Doing what He says to do and to say.


I find fulfillment in my life in Him.

And that is not going out on a limb.

For I do not operate now in myself.

In Christ, I find in Him, all of my wealth.


An Original Work / December 30, 2023

No comments: