Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Loneliness and Longing

An Original Work / March 30, 2022


Loneliness and longing

Want to feel belonging

Searching for direction

Asking God a question


What on earth’s my purpose?

Am I just a goofus? 

Do I really matter?

Am I torn and tattered?


Am I just a nothing?

Or do I have something

In me that is useful?

Can I now be fruitful?


Jesus has the answer

He is now your purpose

He’ll give you direction,

Answering your questions.


He gave His life for you

So you’d walk in His truth

Set you free from your sin

So you’d be forgiven


He says turn from your sin

Walk in His ways, in Him

Follow where He leads you

He will be to you true


Fellowship with Him now

Before Him your heart bow

Make Him Lord and Master

Not ‘twill be disaster


Peace and joy He’ll give you

He’ll show you what is true

Show you what’s your purpose

To give Him your worship

No comments: