Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Teach What is Good


In Accord with Sound Doctrine
Titus 2:1-6 ESV

“But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled.”

I am a woman called of God to teach the Scriptures and to make them practical and applicable to our world, to the church, and to our individual lives today. I have no formal training. I just depend on the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth and to direct me in what to say.

I started teaching the Scriptures when I was 16 years old (in 1966). I primarily taught children, youth, and women up until 2006 when the Lord led me to write out what he teaches me from his word each day and to post it on the internet. That is what I’ve been doing since then.

What the Lord leads me to write each day is out in the public for anyone to read. I have no authority over anyone. No one is answerable to me for anything. We are all answerable to God, though. No man is forced to sit under my teaching. If a man reads what I write, that is his choice.

But when I write, I write with the authority of God over my life and with the authority of Scripture, so I will teach the Scriptures with that authority. And, I will answer all responders, both male and female, with that same authority, but in no way having charge over anyone.

It is my belief that the Lord called me to this specific ministry because there was a shortage of men willing to do what he has called me to do. Just like in a time of war, when women served in positions traditionally held by men, it is God’s prerogative to use women to do what typically would be something he would call men to do, under these circumstances.

So, here I am doing what God has called me to do, teaching the Scriptures to anyone willing to listen and to learn. I hold to no particular theology. I just let the Holy Spirit guide me through the Scriptures, and to the best of my understanding, I am teaching what is sound in doctrine.

Be a Model of Good Works
Titus 2:7-10 ESV

“Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. Bondservants are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.”

Not one of us is perfect but Jesus (God). But lack of perfection is never to be used as an excuse for continued willful habitual and premeditated sin against God. As followers of Jesus, we are to walk in holiness, righteousness, purity, faithfulness, and integrity, by the power of God’s Spirit.

We are to be serious-minded about God, about the Scriptures, and about our walks of obedient faith in Jesus Christ, our Lord (owner-master). We are not to be living for the pleasures of our flesh, but for God. Our lives are not to be out of control but under the Spirit’s control.

We are to be those who live what we preach, who are not hypocritical, but who serve as models for what we are teaching others. We are to have a reputation of those who are honest, who are reliable, and who live in uprightness in the power of God’s Spirit.

If we work for others, we are to be faithful in our work, working as unto the Lord. And, we are to be good stewards of what the Lord has entrusted to us and not waste our talents, spiritual gifts, and God-given ministries. Again, we need to live what we say we believe.

The Grace of God
Titus 2:11-15 ESV

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.”

A lot of people these days are talking about the grace of God. Not many of them are teaching true biblical grace, though. For, the grace of God is not JUST forgiveness of sins, freedom from the punishment of sin, and the promise of eternal life with God.

The grace of God frees us from our slavery to sin, it changes us in heart and mind away from sin to walks of obedience to our Lord, and it empowers us to live godly and holy lives, pleasing to God (Rom 6:1-23; Tit 2:11-14).

God’s grace to us doesn’t give us permission to keep on in our sinful practices, only now without guilt. It trains (instructs) us to say “NO!” to ungodliness and worldly (fleshly) passions (lusts, desires). And, it empowers us to resist Satan, to flee temptation, and to draw near to God.

Through what Jesus did for us on that cross he made the way of escape for us out from underneath temptation so that we don’t yield to temptation to sin. We just have to take the way out he provided for us, and not choose to go our own way, instead.

“Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.”

Knowing You Jesus  

By Graham Kendrick

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.

*Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: