Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Beulah Land Pts 4-6

Part IV

Now I was at some kind of meal. We were standing in a long line to get our food. We were being given specific numbered tables to sit at, too. When I saw the #1 I knew it was the table of the person behind me in line, but I also knew that was our table. I had two children with me. When we went to sit down, my children did not sit next to the person in line behind us and her husband, because her husband would have been annoyed by my children. Instead, my children sat one seat away from the woman and her husband, leaving a space (empty chair) in between. The table was actually two tables put together in the shape of a T and the woman and her husband were at the top of the T and I sat at the other table.

As compared to this passage from Jeremiah 51:

This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
the God of Israel, says:
“Babylon is like wheat on a threshing floor,
about to be trampled.
In just a little while
her harvest will begin.”
34 “King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon has eaten and crushed us
and drained us of strength.
He has swallowed us like a great monster
and filled his belly with our riches.
He has thrown us out of our own country.
35 Make Babylon suffer as she made us suffer,”
say the people of Zion.
“Make the people of Babylonia pay for spilling our blood,”
says Jerusalem.


My Understanding: I believe I represent the Lord in this portion of the dream and that the two children are the Jewish people and the church. The person behind me in line is this "King" of Babylon, although it was a woman behind me, but she had a husband who did not like the children, so he most likely is "the king".

In this world system of ours; in our schools, our government and even in many of our churches, even though God should be #1, he is being pushed away and his children are being pushed away because "the king" does not like them.

I also see the children as the American people and the people of other nations who are being "swallowed", "crushed" and drained of our strength because of this financial crisis world-wide that was forced upon us by our leaders. They filled their belly with our riches and threw us out of our own country via their poor management of our resources and the ultimate government take-over so that we are no longer the free nation we once were.

Part V

My Aunt Helen was sitting at a table across the room from me. She asked me to come over and help her. At first I was not sure she really needed help, but as I went over to check on her, I saw that she had some kind of previous injury that made it difficult for her to maneuver. Her chair was caught on the chairs of the people on either side of her because the chairs were too close together, so I separated the chairs and put some space between them so that she could move closer to the table.

As compared to this section of Jeremiah 51:

36 This is what the Lord says to Jerusalem:
“I will be your lawyer to plead your case,
and I will avenge you.
I will dry up her river,
as well as her springs,
37 and Babylon will become a heap of ruins,
haunted by jackals.
She will be an object of horror and contempt,
a place where no one lives.
38 Her people will roar together like strong lions.
They will growl like lion cubs.
39 And while they lie inflamed with all their wine,
I will prepare a different kind of feast for them.
I will make them drink until they fall asleep,
and they will never wake up again,”
says the Lord.
40 “I will bring them down
like lambs to the slaughter,
like rams and goats to be sacrificed.


My Understanding: First of all, I wondered why the Lord used my Aunt Helen in this dream. She has been in other dreams and I never did identify why her. She is 80 yrs old, twice widowed and lives in Ohio. I found this about the name Helen:

HELEN - Gender: Feminine Usage: English, Greek Mythology (Anglicized) Pronounced: HEL-ən (English) [key]
English form of the Greek ‘Ελενη (Helene), probably from Greek ‘ελενη (helene) "torch" or "corposant", or possibly related to σεληνη (selene) "moon". In Greek mythology Helen was the daughter of Zeus and Leda, whose kidnapping by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War. The name was also borne by the 4th-century Saint Helena, mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, who supposedly found the True Cross during a trip to Jerusalem. The name was originally used among early Christians in honour of the saint, as opposed to the classical character. In England it was commonly spelled Ellen during the Middle Ages, and the spelling Helen was not regularly used until after the Renaissance. A famous bearer was Helen Keller (1880-1968), an American author and lecturer who was both blind and deaf. http://www.behindthename.com/name/helen


I get the sense that she represents true believers in Jesus Christ here (she found the true cross). Again, I am representing the Lord who will come to the aid of his children who are being held as captors by Babylon, i.e. government take-over such as is described in the book of Revelation where those who do not take the mark of the beast will not be able to buy or to sell. She also could be representing believers in Israel, as she was across the room from me and my children in America.

I have a sense that the Lord has a very specific application for this portion of the dream that I am not yet seeing, i.e. a person or group of people have been injured in some way. People to the right and left of her are blocking her from getting to the table because the chairs are too close. Chairs are often symbols of power and rule, so that is why I think the Lord has something specific in mind here. So, he moves the chairs to the right and to the left of "Helen" so that she can get to the table.

Lord, I pray you will grant understanding to your servant of this portion of this dream.

If Aunt Helen represents Jerusalem, then this could be related to what is going on over there now with her neighboring countries and is a picture of how the Lord will come to her aid.

Part VI

I’m not sure of the order of all this or where this comes in, but I woke up hearing this: “I would submit, but only within Biblical guidelines for submission.” END

My Understanding: Well, the order I listed the dream in fits with the order of the scriptures and I know this is the phrase I heard right before I woke up, so this must fit with the remainder of Jeremiah 51 somehow. Lord, I pray you will give me understanding of this last section. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Compare this last phrase to this portion of Jeremiah 51:

A Message for the Exiles
45 “Come out, my people, flee from Babylon.
Save yourselves! Run from the Lord’s fierce anger.
46 But do not panic; don’t be afraid
when you hear the first rumor of approaching forces.
For rumors will keep coming year by year.
Violence will erupt in the land
as the leaders fight against each other.
47 For the time is surely coming
when I will punish this great city and all her idols.
Her whole land will be disgraced,
and her dead will lie in the streets.
48 Then the heavens and earth will rejoice,
for out of the north will come destroying armies
against Babylon,” says the Lord.
49 “Just as Babylon killed the people of Israel
and others throughout the world,
so must her people be killed.
50 Get out, all you who have escaped the sword!
Do not stand and watch—flee while you can!
Remember the Lord, though you are in a far-off land,
and think about your home in Jerusalem.”

51 “We are ashamed,” the people say.
“We are insulted and disgraced
because the Lord’s Temple
has been defiled by foreigners.” 52 “Yes,” says the Lord, “but the time is coming
when I will destroy Babylon’s idols.
The groans of her wounded people
will be heard throughout the land.
53 Though Babylon reaches as high as the heavens
and makes her fortifications incredibly strong,
I will still send enemies to plunder her.
I, the Lord, have spoken!


My Understanding: The Lord will use "Babylon" as his instrument of judgment against his people in order to get them to return to HIM, then he will turn on the enemies of his people and he will judge "Babylon." But, for a time, Babylon will take the children of God captive.

So, how do we "come out from her" and yet be under her rule? I believe this is where this last paragraph comes in to play. In previous dreams the Lord told how he will use "Babylon" to come against his people in judgment and he said not to be afraid to come under that rule; to not fight it. I wondered what that meant exactly, so I inquired of the Lord about it.

I believe we will be required to submit to any governing authority God places over us, but we are not to become like her; we are not to partake with her in her ways. God is still to be our God and we are still to follow him with all our minds, souls, hearts, etc., so our submission to "Babylon" will only be as far as Biblically we are required to submit.

In other words, we are not to try to fight the take-over, because it is God's plan for his people at this time. Yet, we are not to take the mark of the beast and we are not to bow the knee to the beast. We worship the one and only true God! So, our submission is much the same as was Daniel's or Jesus' or the disciples.

No comments: