Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Christian Memes

I don’t know when all this began, perhaps in 2020, but definitely it has increased much in the last year or two, but the Lord added on yet another ministry to what he was already having me do. Yet, this all began in 2004 when the Lord used the passage of Scripture in Habakkuk 2:2-3 to begin to nudge me toward this present calling of God on my life.


“Then the Lord replied:


“’Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.’” (Habakkuk 2:2-3 NIV’84)


Initially, all I knew is that the Lord was speaking to my heart, and that there was something that he wanted me to do, and that it involved writing, but it was about five months later when I really began to grasp what the Lord Jesus was wanting me to do. And what he called me to do then was to write down on a computerized device (the tablet) what he was teaching me through my times daily with him in his word. And then I was to place these writings on the internet (the herald) so that the internet could “run with it,” which eventually became the name of my primary blogs on the internet.


At first these writings were irregular, not every day like they are now, but only as the Lord led me to write something. And then by June of 2006 they increased to at least every other day. And by the end of that year it was about 25 days a month that I was posting these writings on the internet. Then in 2020 he added an additional 200, and each year since then there has been added about 200 writings on top of the previous year’s number, only this past year it was about an additional 400 that he added on from the count from the previous year. So this is my full-time assignment from God.


So, writing down what the Lord was teaching me from my times with him in his word each day was my only ministry from the Lord of this manner for the first seven years. Then in 2011 he added on another ministry. He gave me the gift of writing songs, with most all the lyrics taken from the Scriptures or based on the teachings of the Scriptures. I had never done anything like that before, so I had a lot to learn about writing and producing songs so that others could listen to them. And then seven years later, in 2018, he had me begin writing poetry (without music), for by 2020 my voice gave out.


The Lord also had me write a couple of short books as my life testimonies, beginning also in 2018. And then in 2020, I believe, he had me begin doing video talks which are on YouTube and on Vimeo. And some time after that, maybe not until 2022, he had me begin writing Christian memes to put on the internet, for many people will read memes who will not read anything of any length at all. And then he had me compile all the songs in a book form, and all the poems (up to the present) in a book form, and now he just had me put all my memes in a book form, too, which you can access here:


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bhlqiGAC5ClzDuRPnKR1KhPjqI58EZV8/view?usp=sharing


Now each day the Lord Jesus has me writing daily devotions, and sharing songs, and sometimes poems, and sometimes memes, and sometimes video talks. And all these can be found on my blogs (“Run With It” and “Walking Wounded”), on my Facebook page (open to the public), on YouTube, on Vimeo, and on Christian forums (as Christsfreeservant). 


All this comes from the Lord, is gifted of God to me, and all of this is for the glory and praise of God, not for my own glory, and for the encouragement of the Body of Christ, and for the salvation of human lives from slavery to sin, and for walks of obedience to the Lord, so that they can know God/Christ, follow him with their lives, and have the hope of eternal life with God.


[Matt 5:13-16; Matt 28:18-20; Jn 4:31-38; Jn 13:13-17; Jn 14:12; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:14-18; Acts 26:18; Rom 10:14-15; Rom 12:1-8; Rom 15:14; 1 Co 12:1-31; 1 Co 14:1-5; Eph 4:1-16; Eph 5:11-27; Php 2:1-8; Col 3:16; Heb 3:13; Heb 10:23-25; 1 Pet 2:9,21; 1 Jn 2:6]  

No comments: