Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, January 27, 2023

Are You Living Worthy?

Video Talk

 

Philippians 1:27-30 ESV

 

“Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.”

 

The Apostle Paul was speaking to the Philippian Christians, and he was explaining how he was hard pressed between wanting to go to heaven and to be with Jesus and remaining with them for their encouragement and their progress in the faith. And he concluded that it was better for him to remain. But he said, “Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ.”

 

Now to be worthy is to be fitting and proper. So this means that our manner of living, of conducting our lives, should agree with and be consistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ. And Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (daily die to sin and to self) and follow him in obedience. So this is what our lives should look like.

 

And then he spoke of standing firm for the faith of the gospel, which means we do not vacillate back and forth between obeying Jesus and not. We remain firm and steadfast in our walks of surrender to our Lord despite all opposition and despite all persecution. And we don’t let our opponents intimidate us or frighten us, but we remain steady in following Jesus Christ.

 

For it has been granted to us to not only believe in Jesus – which means to die with him to sin and live to him and to his righteousness, and to follow him in obedience, and to no longer walk in sin – but also to suffer for his sake. But when we go through suffering, even though it is painful, it is for our good that we might grow closer to our Lord in faithful obedience.

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZvy9RHtRa4

 

Praise the “I AM!”

 

An Original Work / February 24, 2012

 

Jesus, my Savior, full of compassion,

Glorious in power, mighty in strength;

Gracious Redeemer, mighty deliv’rer,

My heart adores Him. Praise to His name!

Perfect salvation my Lord provided

When He died for my sins on a tree;

Crucified my sins; conquered in vict’ry,

When He arose, so I could be free!

 

I am so thankful for His forgiveness;

Grateful that He chose to pardon me,

Giving me new life full in His Spirit,

So I can serve Him; His servant be!

Walking in daily fellowship with Him,

Obeying Him whate’er He commands;

Forsaking my sins, living in freedom,

I will endure with Him to the end!

 

He gives me peace and calm reassurance

In times of sorrow, or in distress.

His grace is sure, and oh, how sufficient

To meet me in my need for sweet rest.

Oh, how I love You, Jesus, my Savior.

My heart longs for You where’er I am.

Your word is precious; speaks to my spirit;

Brings comfort, healing. Praise the “I AM!”

 

https://vimeo.com/125736554

No comments: