Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Why are You Angry?

When misunderstandings happen


Why are you angry?

How did I offend?

I meant only good

To encourage a friend.


I’ve been where you were,

Not exact, but close by,

So why did my words

With your actions deny?


Why did you not talk

With me, let me know why

You didn’t like what I said?

You just said “Goodbye!”


Thought I was helping

Explain what you shared.

Empathized with you,

I felt every care.


I meant no offense,

Not to hurt, but to help.

I love you in Christ,

Am not thinking of self.


I wish there’s a way

We could talk this all through.

Our friendship I hope

We can surely renew.


Will you give me a chance

To explain where I am?

Will you hear from my heart

What I truly meant?


It saddens me so 

That you walked away,

Not a word from your lips

So I’d know how to pray.


An Original Work / July 23, 2022

No comments: