Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, June 2, 2022

No Matter What Comes

Psalms 46:1-3 ESV

 

“God is our refuge and strength,

    a very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,

    though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam,

    though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah”

 

No matter what comes our way, if we trust Jesus Christ with our lives, and if he is truly Lord (Owner-Master) of our lives, we have no cause to fear. We can take refuge in the Lord. But this isn’t saying that he is going to immediately physically remove us from our difficult situations so that we will not have to suffer. He might, in some cases, but we are called to suffer and to share in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings.

 

Sometimes he does remove us from difficult situations, but usually he is our refuge and our strength through those difficulties. Now, he may lessen the pain and suffering to make it more bearable so that we can function and be able to do his will, but don’t look to him to always remove the pain and suffering, for it may continue, and it may even be with you always like the cross you are called to bear in this life for the sake of His name.

 

But our comfort in our suffering is that God is always with us if we are with him, i.e. if we are following him with our lives and if we are walking in obedience to his commands. But if we are double-minded and doubting God, and if we are asking for relief from the Lord for wrong motives, and if we are not abiding in Christ and his words are not abiding in us, we should not expect that we will receive anything from the Lord.

 

[1 Jn 3:22; 1 Jn 5:14; Jas 4:1-10; Jas 1:2-8; Jn 15:1-11; 1 Pet 3:7; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Matt 5:10-12; Lu 21:12-19; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12]

 

Psalms 46:4-7 ESV

 

“There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

    the holy habitation of the Most High.

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;

    God will help her when morning dawns.

The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;

    he utters his voice, the earth melts.

The Lord of hosts is with us;

    the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah”

 

We who believe in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of our lives are the “city of God.” We are God’s holy people, his holy nation. We are his “holy habitation” because he now lives inside of us. We are now his temple. We are his church, not the building and not the organization nor denominations. God dwells within us in the person of the Holy Spirit who is our comforter.

 

Because we rely on the Lord to be our strength and our help in time of need, we are not moved from our faith in our Lord when our circumstances fluctuate and when things don’t go so well. Now we may feel pain and we may suffer and we may cry out to God in our suffering, but if our trust is fully in him we will continue in him despite what is going on all around us.

 

Our Lord will help us through every difficulty. We can always rely on him. And he is absolutely in control over all things so we can trust him fully with whatever is happening in our lives. So even if our world on the outside seems to be falling apart by the seams, and even if all appears hopeless from a worldly perspective, God is still in command over all things.

 

Psalms 46:8-11 ESV

 

“Come, behold the works of the Lord,

    how he has brought desolations on the earth.

He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;

    he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;

    he burns the chariots with fire.

‘Be still, and know that I am God.

    I will be exalted among the nations,

    I will be exalted in the earth!’

The Lord of hosts is with us;

    the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah”

 

I can tell you from personal experience, as one who first believed in Jesus 65 years ago, that we serve a miracle working God. I have seen my Lord work miracle after miracle in my life and in my circumstances and in my body many times over. His mercies are new every morning. The more I trust him the more I can see how he is working in my life and in my circumstances.

 

Our God is not limited by our circumstances. When I was much younger I thought he was because I had been brought up by an abusive father and the Lord did not deliver me out of that situation. So I concluded that he was somehow limited and that man had power over me that he could do nothing about. I still remember the day I said to God in my despair, “But God, you don’t understand!” Well, he was very gracious to me in that, and he did not rebuke me, but he encouraged me to do something I was afraid to do.

 

It took me a while to totally accept the absolute sovereignty of God over my life but when I did the peace came. But it is something I have to keep reaffirming to myself when things get tough, for they do, that God is in control over everything that comes into my life and none of it caught him by surprise and he has a plan and a purpose for it all. I just have to trust him.

 

He Reached Down  

 

An Original Work / February 3, 2014

Based off Psalm 18

 

How I love You, Lord, my Rock and my strength.

My God is my fortress; I hide in Him.

He is my shield and the horn of

My salvation, whom I praise.

I have found my refuge in Him.

 

He reached down from heaven and rescued me;

Drew me out of waters so deep, I’d sink.

He delivered me from Satan

And my slavery to sin;

Gave me hope of heaven with Him.

 

My God turned my darkness into His light;

Opened up my blinded eyes; gave me sight.

As for God, his way is perfect.

He gives strength to stand secure.

I have found my vict’ry in Him.

 

My Lord lives! Praise be to my Savior God,

Jesus Christ, who died on a cruel cross.

He is my Rock and the source

Of my salvation, whom I trust.

I will give praise always to Him.

 

https://vimeo.com/86346545

No comments: