Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, June 11, 2022

I Will Take Refuge in The Lord

Psalms 57:1-3 ESV

 

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,

    for in you my soul takes refuge;

in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,

    till the storms of destruction pass by.

I cry out to God Most High,

    to God who fulfills his purpose for me.

He will send from heaven and save me;

    he will put to shame him who tramples on me. Selah

God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness!”

 

I just had a conversation with my oldest son and with his wife and with my husband on this subject last evening. We covered several different subjects just in a casual conversation, but it led into talking about the sovereignty of God over our lives and how we need to view the circumstances of our lives from a Biblical perspective which is that God is in control of all things, and so nothing comes into our lives but what God allows it and he allows it for a purpose to teach us something or to strengthen us in our faith, etc.

 

Life has its challenges. Some of them are fairly minor and others are major or somewhere in between minor and major. I was relaying to them how five months ago I had some dental work done and the insurance company said they did not have enough information, so the dental office and I complied with them in sending more information, and then they wanted more, and so we sent more. And then they decided to deny the claim and to close the case because they said they did not get the information requested.

 

So I called them on the phone and they said they did not request all the information that they requested and that we didn’t have those conversations and that the pile of papers they had sent me that was sitting in my lap did not exist. They did not come from them. Wow! I didn’t know what to do with that. First time for that one. And so the dental office refiled the claim with them only for them to deny that one for it was a duplicate of the other one. And I don’t want to have to call them again, but I know I must.

 

The only way I can deal with stuff like this, which is totally out of my control, is to give it over to the Lord and to ask him to work his will in the situation. I remind myself that God is in control and that he allowed this in my life for a reason, so perhaps there is something I need to learn from this, or this is an area in my life where I need to grow and to be strengthened, for my nature is to retreat, honestly. Things like this wear me down physically and emotionally. I am not naturally a strong person. So God’s will be done.

 

Psalms 57:4-6 ESV

 

“My soul is in the midst of lions;

    I lie down amid fiery beasts—

the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows,

    whose tongues are sharp swords.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!

    Let your glory be over all the earth!

They set a net for my steps;

    my soul was bowed down.

They dug a pit in my way,

    but they have fallen into it themselves.”

 

In this world of ours and increasing in nature and occurrence on a daily basis are men and women who tell lies by habit and by practice and for nefarious purposes. Many of them are politicians who are heads of governments or who serve in governmental positions. Many are preachers and pastors and evangelists and authors of “Christian” books. Many are newscasters and actors and sports heroes and CEOs of corporations and heads of financial institutions or tech companies or pharmaceutical industries, etc.

 

But this is epidemic in our society today, so lies abound on all fronts, and it appears that most people tell lies by habit, and this includes many who profess faith in Jesus Christ. But since it appears that the majority of people tell lies, at least here in America, it is hard to believe anyone. It is hard to trust anyone these days. We have to listen to all cautiously, testing everything we hear and read while calling on God for wisdom to discern truth from lies. For disinformation is running rampant.

 

And sadly there are many people who tell lies in order to attempt to trap others in their lies or to make them fearful. They slander others out of hatred and jealousy and bitterness of spirit and in order to bring them down. And they lie about others in order to turn other people away from them, again out of spite and unforgiveness. Or else they do so for the purpose to deceive others into believing their lies because they are really trying to turn people away from the real Jesus and from the real gospel of Christ.

 

Many people today are teaching a false gospel which has no basis in the Scriptures other than a shell of what the Scriptures teach. For they teach Scriptures outside their context and then they twist them to say whatever it is they want them to say. Or they don’t even have to use Scriptures anymore, for if a person is highly admired, he/she can say most anything with never backing it up and people will quote it because he/she is the one who said it, regardless if it is true or not. So test what you are hearing.

 

Psalms 57:7-11 ESV

 

“My heart is steadfast, O God,

    my heart is steadfast!

I will sing and make melody!

    Awake, my glory!

Awake, O harp and lyre!

    I will awake the dawn!

I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;

    I will sing praises to you among the nations.

For your steadfast love is great to the heavens,

    your faithfulness to the clouds.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!

    Let your glory be over all the earth!”

 

Going back to the story of my situation with the dental insurance company, this must be my resolve. My heart must be steadfast regardless of what they end up doing. I can’t let them bring me down. God is still in control! And with regard to those who tell lies, the same thing. My heart must remain steadfast in my Lord no matter what lies people are telling, and even if they are lying about me. I must not let their lies discourage or dishearten me. I must remain steadfast in my Lord despite my circumstances.

 

I must not let them rob me of my joy, but I must continue to sing and to make melody and to praise the Lord. No matter what today or tomorrow brings my heart must remain steadfast and I must continue to sing and to rejoice in my Lord and in my salvation. I must continue to remind myself that God is in control over all things and that He’s got this, no matter what it is and no matter how minor or major it is. And I must rest in the Lord and in his strength and wisdom and give my circumstances all over to him.

 

Give Me Jesus

 

Oh, What Gladness!

An Original Work / December 2, 2013

 

Give me Jesus. He’s my Savior.

I’ll walk with Him in His favor.

I’ll abide in His love always;

Follow His ways to the end.

 

Jesus is the Son of God.

He died upon a cruel cross.

He’s forgiven all my failures

By His mercy and His love.

 

Give me Jesus – His compassion,

And His mercy; loving kindness.

Let Him teach me how to love Him,

And to please Him. He’s my friend.

 

Jesus died for all our sin

So we could have eternal life.

He will free you from your bondage

If you trust Him with your life.

 

Give me Jesus. Let me trust Him.

May I listen to His teachings.

May I follow where He leads me

In His service. He’s my Lord.

 

Jesus Christ will come again

To take His bride to be with Him.

Oh, what gladness; free from sadness

When I meet Him in the air.

 

https://vimeo.com/113054381

No comments: