Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, April 15, 2021

My Heart's Desire

An Original Work / April 15, 2021


Oh, Lord, You are my heart’s desire

I want to do what You require

To meet with You at break of day

To read Your word, to bow and pray


To listen to Your every word

To think not that it is absurd

To drink its truths into my heart

So, from You, Lord, I’ll not depart


To love You, Lord, as you love me

You gave Your life upon a tree

You sacrificed for all my sin

So, by Your Spirit, pure within


To love Your people, the world, too

To share with them all that You do

To show them why for us You died

Our sins, with You, be crucified


Now we can live for You each day

To do all that You do and say

To minister Your word, in truth

To dissipate the lies uncouth


To give such hope as You gave me

That from my sin I would be free

To walk with You, serve You each day

Surrendered to You, Lord, I pray

No comments: