Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, March 6, 2021

O Lord, My God

Isaiah 25:1 ESV


“O Lord, you are my God;

    I will exalt you; I will praise your name,

for you have done wonderful things,

    plans formed of old, faithful and sure.”


Is Jesus Christ truly our Lord (owner-master)? Is our desire for him to do his will? Does he truly have dominion over our thoughts, our words, and our deeds? Is he the one directing all our steps? And are we following (obeying) him every step of the way? 


Is he the only one we worship? Is he the only one we bow down to, to whom we give our hearts in full surrender and devotion? Do we obey him above all else? Does he have our complete allegiance (loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity)? Or do we have other “gods” before him?


Do we know what the Scriptures teach about worship of God? In Romans 12 we read that we are to give our lives to God/Jesus as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is our acceptable worship of him. Jesus is to have total ownership over our lives.


And what does it mean to exalt him? Can that be in lip service only? No! We can sing all kinds of “Praise and Worship” songs with hands raised in the air, swaying back and forth, and not be worshipping or exalting the Lord at all. For true praise of God is shown by how we live.


It’s absolutely true that our Lord God has done many wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful, and sure, such as giving us his Son as a sacrifice for our sins so that we can be delivered from our slavery to sin and so that we can now be slaves of his righteousness (Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17).


Thus, to truly make him our God and Lord, and for us to give him our true worship and praise, we must submit to his plans for our lives. We must surrender our lives to him in full obedience, die with him to sin, and live to him and to his righteousness in his power (Eph 4:17-24; Tit 2:11-14).


Only Hope


By Jonathan Foreman


I give you my destiny

I'm giving you all of me

I want your symphony

Singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs

I'm giving it my all


So, I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours 

I know now you're my only hope


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnS7ZEbEqU

Caution: This link may contain ads

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the singers nor of all their music

No comments: