Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Journey


Thursday, August 23, 2012, 6:53 a.m. – the Lord woke me with the song “My Sheep.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read 1 Corinthians 16. The Lord spoke to my heart concerning some matters I was bringing before him in prayer today. So, today I will write what I wrote in my journal concerning what has been going on in my life, and how the Lord Jesus is encouraging me through his word this week.

Introduction

Eight years ago this November the Lord put me on a new journey in my spiritual life. He began speaking to me through dreams and visions as I read his word each day and spent time with him in prayer. The dreams and visions were like allegories or parables, which the Lord used to give me the practical application of his word to my world today that he wanted me to have and to share. Through the means of dreams and visions, as applied to God’s word in all practical understanding to my world today, the Lord also gave me a gift of knowledge in showing me things I would have never known by any other way. Many of those things he has shown me have been verified through other sources and through others to whom God is speaking. I learned some years later that having an understanding of current events in relation to the teachings of scripture is also part of the gift of prophecy.

Then, a year ago this past April, the Lord gave me a new gift – the gift of writing songs of praise and adoration to my God and songs of sharing the gospel message of Jesus Christ. The songs can be compared, in some ways, to David’s Psalms, and they are all based off scripture. Most of the songs lately have been based off very specific passages of scripture, so they are scripture put to music, basically. The songs are not for entertainment purposes, but are utilizing the gift of prophecy in yet another form in sharing the messages God gives to me each day, and are more for devotional purposes to go along with what the Lord teaches me each day through his word. The songs have been such an encouragement to my heart, too. The Bible teaches that we are to speak to one another (to those in the body of Christ) with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, so these songs are for the purpose of edifying the body of Christ, too. So, that is why the Lord has me share them with the body of Christ.

As the songs increased, the dreams and visions decreased to where I was having few and far between, and when I did have them, the Lord did not connect most of them to current events in the way he had previously. So, it appeared to me that he was phasing out this ministry of dreams and visions as a way to communicate his messages, not independent of his word, but in all practical application of his word as applied to our world today, and that he was increasing the number of songs, instead.

Saturday

The Lord encouraged me this morning through the words of this song, “Trust Him”: http://youtu.be/ZMz-qAqocQM

Sunday

The Lord encouraged me through this song “Servant of the Lord” - http://youtu.be/9TTC8Vr7D_Y.

I woke from a dream, so I recorded it, and then the Lord spoke to me through 1 Corinthians 12 on the subject of spiritual gifts, as recorded in the writing “Body Parts.” I did not get any definite connection with the dream to anything. The song, though, was about being a servant of the Lord and being set apart for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mon-Tuesday

The Lord gave me a new song to write, “Love Never Fails,” based off 1 Corinthians 13. Due to technical issues with computers and microphones, the song has not yet been recorded. Yet, the Lord Jesus gave me some life opportunities to show love instead of to just to write about it. So, these days were mainly spent demonstrating Christ’s love to others, which was really good. I like those days! The Lord also gave me the writing, "One Who Edifies," based off 1 Corinthians 14.

Wednesday

I woke from a dream again. The Lord encouraged me through the song “No Less” - http://youtu.be/ntBP1BhcyzQ. I read 1 Corinthians 15. Some of the dream seemed to fit with the passage of scripture and other parts of it with current events, but there was nothing definite I could sink my teeth into. Yet, what I did understand of it did fit, to some degree, with the scripture or with the current events, as well as with situations in my life presently. Yet I did not get anything definite from the Lord.

We have been having computer issues for the past month. I use the computer for the ministry to which God has called me, so I have to have one that works. My husband purchased a new one for me because the old one appeared to be crashing, and he bought one with good sound, because I write music, but the sound did not work well with MP3s, so it kind of backfired on us. We didn’t know if it was that particular kind of sound card that was an issue or if it was just the system itself, so we traded hard drives, only to experience the same issue in another system. We had already gone to the work of transferring all my files, loading software, changing settings, etc. on the new system, and now we could see that this particular system was just not going to work.

So, we traded it for another system, and are presently in the process of loading software, changing settings, etc. again. Yet, we hit many snags along the way, because software companies decided we had used up our licenses, so we had to contact them to get permission to load the software again. And, then there was the microphone issue. The one I had been using picked up noises from the neighbors two doors down the street, so I purchased another microphone that would not be so powerful, but this one barely picks up my voice at all. So, I broke down crying. I am a female, after all, and that is what most females I know do when things just seem to all go awry. Yet, I cried my frustrations out to the Lord and he encouraged my heart, and he had me write “Take Your Stand,” based off the passage in 1 Corinthians 15.

Today

I’m praying about the ministry to which God has called me. I talked with the Lord about how I sense the songs have replaced the dreams and visions, but how I have had dreams much the past week, in particular, but how I am not sensing the same witness of the Spirit in my heart concerning the dreams as I had previously. It seems as though the gift he had had given me previously of knowledge in relation to D&V as practical application of the word of God to today has been stilled, even though the dreams themselves seem to have increased lately. The song the Lord woke me with this morning is “My Sheep,” which is based off John 10 and is about the Lord’s sheep knowing his voice and following him, but how they will not follow a stranger’s voice. That is kind of how I have been feeling about the dreams lately… that they are not of God and God is not speaking through them like he had before. I don’t want to close any doors God has opened, but I also don’t want to pursue doors he has closed, so I desired to know God’s will in this matter.

Then, I began to wonder, because of all the computer problems I was having and technical issues with software and microphones, etc., if the Lord was closing this door of ministry of writing out my quiet times each day and of writing songs, and if, perhaps, he had another door open for me. Was I fighting against the Lord by trying to resolve these computer issues? Was he using the computer issues as a way of letting me know that this door was closing? I try to be sensitive to his voice and not push my way forward with bullheadedness, thinking I know what he wants when it might be something else, so I inquire of him when things seem to go awry to see if this is him moving me away from something or if this is just a test of my faith and it is Satan just trying to discourage me. And, then I read 1 Corinthians 16. When I got to verse 9, the Lord spoke to my heart (vv. 8-9):

“But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me” (1 Co. 16:8-9 NIV).

The encouragement to me today was to stay put in doing what I am presently doing, not to go backwards and spend time on dreams when the Lord has closed that door, and not to move in a different direction from where I am presently until the Lord clearly points me in another direction, or until he clearly closes this present door. He no longer speaks to me through dreams and visions in the way he once did, so I can clearly determine this to be a closed door. He still speaks to me much through my daily quiet times, and I sense his voice speaking much when I am writing out what he teaches me each day through his word. He is still giving me tunes and words to go with those tunes, so I can clearly say he is still using me in this way, and I will trust him to resolve all my technical issues.

My “opposition” is Satan, who would like to get me chasing tails and wasting time on things not of the Lord, and he would also like to get me feeling frustrated over computer and technical issues to the point to where I would begin to question my present ministry. The encouragement, thus, was to stand, to be encouraged, to wait for the Lord, to not fear when foes (Satan) attack me, to trust the Lord in this, to hear his voice speaking, to be discerning of what is his voice and what is not his voice, to persevere, and to stay put in doing what he presently has me doing, because I know he is in this work. I know I have been called to be a minister of the gospel, and that is what I am doing.

Lord Jesus, I pray you will help me to do the work to which you have called me, and that you will give me the wisdom to know how to work with these technical difficulties. I pray that you will move mountains in my life, and that you will take care of all opposition, because it is not by my might or power, but by your Spirit that this work will go on. In Jesus’ name I pray these things. Amen!

“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love” (1 Co. 16:13-14 NIV).

My Sheep / An Original Work / June 24, 2012

Based off John 10:1-18 NIV

My sheep hear me. They know me.
They listen to my voice and obey.
I call them and lead them.
They know my voice, so they follow me.
They will never follow strangers.
They will run away from them.
The voice of a stranger they know not;
They do not follow him.
My sheep hear me. They know me.
They listen to my voice and obey.
I call them and lead them.
They know my voice, so they follow me.

So, I tell you the truth that
I am the gate, so you enter in.
Whoever does enter
Will find forgiveness and will be saved.
Nonetheless whoever enters
Not by the gate; other way,
He is the thief and a robber.
Listen not, the sheep to him.
So, I tell you the truth that
I am the gate, so you enter in.
Whoever does enter
Will find forgiveness and will be saved.

Oh, I am the Good Shepherd,
Who laid his own life down for the sheep.
I know them. They know me.
They will live with me eternally.
The thief only comes to steal and
Kill and to destroy the church.
I have come to give you life that
You may have it to the full.
Oh, I am the Good Shepherd,
Who laid his own life down for the sheep.
I know them. They know me.
They will live with me eternally.
They know my voice, so they follow me.

No comments: