Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

An Appearance

Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 4:11 a.m. – The Lord woke me with the song, “Have Thine Own Way, Lord,” playing in my mind. I also woke from a dream.

THE DREAM: My husband and I had moved back to Raleigh, NC (the capital city). We had been there awhile, perhaps 6 months. My husband and I were getting ready to take some boys to play in a baseball game. There was a man with us, and his son. The man was my husband’s oldest son by a previous marriage. This son knew a couple my husband and I had known previously when we lived in Raleigh before. This son said he would like to see our former friends, in particular, I believe, the woman.

So, I called up my former friend. I had written her phone number down on a newspaper, I believe. I began to dial the phone number, but I could not make out the last number. So, this number one son told me it was the number 7.

When I called, I got a recording, so I began to leave a message. Just then, my friend picked up and answered the phone. I told her we were taking some boys to a baseball game, which was by their house, and I wondered if we could possibly drop by after the game. She mentioned that she was still in her robe, but I told her it wouldn’t be until after the game, so she had time to change. I also told her about my husband’s oldest son, and that he would be joining us, too. She didn’t seem to recognize his name, though.

We went to the game. The boys got mud all over them, so I knew we would have to hose them off at my friend’s house. She offered a sprinkler for their use. Then, she invited me, my husband and his oldest son into her house. She had made something for us to eat. It was individualized baked potatoes done in some fancy way. We talked about how my husband’s oldest son and my friend were connected. Evidently they had a former business relationship through a company owned by his parents, i.e. perhaps by his mom and his step-dad, nonetheless, a close family relationship. And, my friend had connections with that family-owned business. Yet, I was just learning of this connection.

As we talked and ate, we sat on bar stools at a kitchen bar (counter). Suddenly my friend’s husband appeared. He had been sitting at an office desk at the back of the kitchen (north of us) while we sat at the counter eating and talking. We were facing the direction of his office. Now he decided to make an appearance. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Ephesians 4:17-5:21:

Living as Children of Light

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.

You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:

“Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

My Understanding: I read four different news stories, which I will reference below. The first story I read was concerning Congress returning after recess and revisiting the payroll tax debate, which brought to mind how, in my dream, we had previously lived in the capital city in N. Carolina, how we had moved away, but how we had returned, and now we were visiting old friends we had previously known.

The article also mentioned a group of 20 lawmakers who plan to get together next week to “revisit the fight” on this issue. The words used in the news article to describe this debate brought to mind this baseball game in my dream with two teams playing against each other: clash, pounding, battle, fight, two sides, overplay, scored points, playing politics, play a role, etc. In the dream, the players got mud on them (got dirty) and had to face a shower, which could be symbolic of a fall, a storm, a deluge, an inundation or to be drowned or engulfed in something. In another article about the world bank warning of a global growth slowdown, it mentioned the fight in Washington as one of the causes for the slowdown, which then brought to mind how the players, in my dream, got dirty and so had to face a shower.

Also, as I read this news article about the group of 20 lawmakers, I could not help but notice similarities in function with the G20 - http://www.g20.org/en/faqs, and wondered if, perhaps, they were truly one and the same, since we are now, I believe, coming under global rule. Also, this article suggested the global slowdown (the shower, perhaps) possibly might be also related to financial troubles in Europe and attempts by specific Asian and African nations, which are part of the G20, to “cool” speedy growth, which then also brings to mind the shower being used to remove the mud from the “baseball” players.

Then, the article mentioned the House GOP fighting against a two-month addition to the payroll tax cut, which, the article stated, was intended to give the lawmakers time to work together on a lengthier adaption. This brought to mind how, in the dream, I gave time to my friend to change out of her robe while the baseball game was going on. In the context of lawmakers, I saw the robe as representing the law, so, in essence, I believe I, whoever I represent, am giving Congress time to disrobe, i.e. to remove the law and to change into something else, which I will expound on when I discuss the other news articles. There was a part of this article that spoke of the fight ending speedily so that the GOP can make some kind of change of topic to that of their own making, which I believe also fits with this time frame involved in the dream for my friend to remove her robe (law) and change into something else. This sounds much like a changing of government in the USA.

On the subject of these 20 lawmakers, the article mentioned that seven of them have taken part in a break down in efforts to control enormous budget deficits. This brought to mind how the phone number for my friend ended in the number 7 and how my husband’s oldest son had to tell me that number. That leads me then to the next news article about the Wikipedia blackout, supposedly in protest of bills being considered in Congress on the subject of internet censorship. I saw the possibility here of a relationship between this blackout and the baseball players in my dream getting mud on them and that being related to this fight in Congress.

Wikipedia replaced their articles with a page which then connected their readers with knowledge about the two bills and specific data about how to get ahold of the lawmakers. This immediately triggered in my mind the part of the dream where I could not make out the last number on the phone number, which was written on a newspaper (news site, perhaps), so my husband’s oldest son read me the number, and how I had already made connections between my friend and Washington (lawmakers). Also, this connection between the oldest son’s family business and my friend denotes a business connection between Wikipedia and the US government (lawmakers), too, I believe.

My husband and I often serve as symbols of the US government in my dreams, so that could be another way in which the Lord is showing me a business connection between Wikipedia and the US government, which would mean that they are really both on the same side and this is another game, perhaps, especially since the article mentioned that some critics of the shutdown equated the blackout to battling suppression of free speech with suppression of free speech. As well, this article stated that others brought up the idea that the blackout might give the appearance that Wikipedia is not fair and balanced, which then brings me to the part of the dream where the husband of my friend – the friend who appears to be representing US lawmakers - decided to make an appearance. So, again, I am seeing that there is some kind of partnership between Wikipedia and the US government.

Lastly, I read a news article about the Obama administration talking to law enforcement officials about signs to watch out for among US citizens and/or US residents that would denote some possible connection to terrorism. The study was directed by the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI and the National Counterterrorism Center. Supposedly a conference took place at the White House today on this matter. Janet Napolitano, Attorney General Eric Holder and John Brennan, the president’s counterterrorism adviser, arranged to be present at this conference. This brought to mind that, in the dream, my husband and I and my husband’s oldest son were invited into my friend’s house where we ate and talked. Then, the article mentioned an increase in efforts by Americans to be involved in terrorist activities, which then brought to mind how I tried to call my friend (lawmakers) and how she picked up the phone, and how “pick up” is a possible phrase meaning “increase,” which then led me to consider the possibility that this increase in terrorist activity was a byproduct of our own government, which fits with previous dreams I have had.

Then, the article mentioned how the WH administration had presented a plan last year to make local governments – not Washington – responsible for opposing what they considered to be aggressive radicalism in the U.S. That plan was supposedly missing data. That brought to mind how the phone number for my friend was missing data, i.e. I could not make out the last number, and the number is what connected me with her, and how that is related to Wikipedia putting contact info on their website for the US lawmakers, and how that is related to these seven lawmakers who make up a supercommittee, and is related to my friend needing to change out of her robe (the law), and her being in a partnership with Wikipedia, etc. In other words, there is more to this than meets the eye. What is reported in our news is government controlled. They tell us what they want us to believe. Yet, there is a global government at work in Washington that is making moves on the U.S. and has devious plans for the takeover of the USA, which is what this is all really all about.

The indicators in this study for what to look for in homegrown terrorism suspects could apply to any U.S. citizen who speaks out against the US government in any way. Free speech is out the window, and now enters in the door dictatorship and a police state. This is what they are talking about. We will no longer be able to voice any dissenting opinions about the US government without being targeted as potential terrorists. This is real, and this is presently happening in the USA, and soon anyone espousing any kind of negative view of the government will be marked as an extremist who is a threat to the nation. This is not the land of the free and the home of the brave anymore. This is indicative of a change of law in our nation (the removal of the robe), of increased censorship, of targeting of US citizens and blaming them for crimes they did not commit, etc.

To The Word

At all times, but especially in light of the changes taking place in our nation, we should be living as children of light, and we should stop living like the world. We were taught, or we should have been taught, that coming to faith in Jesus Christ means we are to forsake our old way of life (of sin), which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, and we are to be made new in the attitude (our thinking) of our minds, and we are to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Dark days are ahead for us. I believe this with all my heart. America is quickly changing and is becoming a global entity controlled by the global elite, and we are speedily transforming from a democracy into a dictatorship (police state). The book of Revelation tells us about this time, so it is inevitable. It is just a matter of time when this comes to full fruition. So, now, if we have not already done so, we must take stock in how we have been living our lives, and we must come to repentance (turning from sin) and we must choose to walk faithfully in obedience to Jesus Christ, because the days are evil.

Instead of joining in with the fruitless deeds of darkness, we need to not only flee the darkness and come into Christ’s wonderful light, but we must also expose these deeds of darkness so that others do not fall prey to deception and fall into the trap of the devil. God is calling out to his church to wake up from her slumber, because the church in America is asleep, and for the most part, I believe, blindly follows the US government and thinks we are a godly nation. So, we need to pray for much wisdom and discernment about these matters so that we are not deceived. And, we need to be listening to Jesus Christ and what he is saying to the church, and we need to be yielding our selfish wills to the will of God over our lives, because time is running out.

Have Thine Own Way, Lord / Adelaide A. Pollard, 1862-1934
George C. Stebbins, 1846-1945 / Tune: ADELAIDE, Meter: 54.54 D

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o'er my being absolute sway.
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me!


Resources: Congress revisiting bruising payroll tax cut fight
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PAYROLL_TAX_QA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-18-02-40-43

World Bank warns of global growth slowdown
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WORLD_BANK_GLOBAL_ECONOMY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-18-02-11-24

Wikipedia editors question site's planned blackout
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WIKIPEDIA_CREDIBILITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-18-01-05-31

Police chiefs going to WH to discuss terror fight
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_VIOLENT_EXTREMISTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-18-02-41-07

No comments: