Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Delights in the Word

Thursday, December 29, 2011, 1:32 p.m. – The song, “Your Word,” is playing in my mind. Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. The Lord led me to read Psalm 1:

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

My Understanding: Joyful and peaceful is the person who does not grow, develop and advance in his or her life in the counsel, guidance and direction of the wicked (evildoers). Nor does he (or she) position or posture himself, nor take upon himself the attitudes and viewpoints of those who live sinful lifestyles. Nor does he rest, convene or situate himself in the seat (place) of mockers, i.e. those who ridicule and scoff at God and reject his words.

Instead, he or she delights, and finds enjoyment, pleasure and happiness in the word (law) of the Lord, and on that word he or she meditates day and night. Because this person does not walk in the ways of the wicked, but instead finds his delight in the word of God, and in obeying God’s word, he is like a fruitful tree. She has abundant spiritual provisions from Almighty God for her daily life. She has streams of living water of the Spirit of God flowing from within her. And, this person will yield his fruit in season, i.e. in God’s perfect timing. His foliage (spiritual outgrowth of his life) will not wither, weaken, decline or fade away. Whatever she does prospers, i.e. it flourishes, thrives and will succeed spiritually to produce spiritual fruit.

Yet, that is not the case with the wicked (evildoers). They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Chaff is considered to be something that is worthless, useless and unusable. The slightest wind can blow it away. In other words, this person is unstable in all he or she does. She is of no use to God, because she is not rooted in Christ or in his word. He will not be able to stand in the judgment, because he is not upright before Almighty God. Nor will he or she be able to stand up under the scrutiny of those who honor God and who live their lives according to God’s will.

The Lord watches over (guards), looks after, takes care of, and leads and guides the way, path, course and direction of the righteous (through faith in Jesus Christ), but the course of life chosen by the wicked will perish (die). Oh, how very sad for those who choose wickedness over righteousness, and who continue on a wicked path.

The following song is a song the Lord gave me to write based off Psalm 119. It is a prayer to God, expressing the way of the righteous who have chosen to delight in the law of God. I pray for all who read this that you will make sure today, if you have not done so before, which path you are following, and to make sure you are following the way of righteousness.

Your Word / An Original Work / December 27, 2011

Based off Psalm 119

Praise You with an upright heart as
I learn of Your righteousness.
I seek You with all my heart;
Do not let me stray from Your law.
I have hidd’n Your word in my heart
That I might not sin against You.
Open my eyes that I may see
Wonderful things in Your word.
I am a stranger on earth.

I have chosen the way of truth;
My heart is set on Your word.
I will walk about in freedom,
For I have sought out Your truth.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
For I believe in Your law.
Your hands made me, and they formed me;
Give me understanding, Lord.
I put my hope in Your word.

Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light unto my path.
You are my shield and my refuge;
In Your word I put my hope.
My heart trembles at Your word, Lord.
May my lips o’erflow with praise.
May my tongue sing of Your truth, Lord.
Your salvation, Lord, long I.
Your word, Lord, is my delight.

http://youtu.be/PoekdVclmGM

No comments: