Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Walk Not in the Counsel of the Ungodly

Years ago, when I used to watch TV and movies regularly (gave those up in 2008), I watched a movie called “While You Were Sleeping” (1995).

 

The story line is this: A woman who worked as a ticket seller at the “L” in Chicago had a secret crush on one of the commuters. He fell off the platform, so she came to the rescue and saved his life. Now he was in a comatose state, and then someone mistook her for his fiancé, and his family “adopted” her. She tried to tell them the truth, and then it was hard to tell them the truth because she now had a family she never had before.

 

The man then awakened from his comatose state only to be told by his family that this woman was his fiancé. But he didn’t remember her. So, his family decided that he must have amnesia from the fall, and they convinced him that he had amnesia. So, he tried to build a relationship with this woman, and he began to like her, and then he began to feel guilty for the jerk he had been, and so he decided to repent to his brother of an evil deed.

 

He said to his brother: “Remember the squirrels?” “First I knocked them out of their nest with a rock. Then I saved them.”

 

This statement has remained with me to this date. Why? Because this is what the US government and their political cohorts do throughout the world. First they create uprisings and chaos and Pandemania (a combination of the words ‘pandemonium’ and ‘mania’) and then they come to the “rescue” with their preconceived solutions to the problems they created in the first place.

 

How do I know this? Well first off, seventeen years ago the Lord began opening my eyes to the reality of who the US government is. He led me on a path I had never been on before doing tons of research as he gave me name after name of people and places and organizations I had never heard of before. And I learned so much about the corruption in our government.

 

But then he confirmed all that he was showing me through tons of articles and news stories over a span of many years, and from all different sources. And I remember vividly being on this one Christian discussion site sharing what the Lord was teaching me. And these two women said to me, “Everyone knows that!” My response? “Not in my world they don’t.”

 

First it surprised me that other regular people like me knew these things, but then it surprised me more that they thought everyone knew these things. But they don’t. Most people I know believe whatever the government tells them. They still pledge allegiance to the government with hand over heart and sing patriotic songs, and they still honor our military as their heroes.

 

They still believe what the government and the news media and the people in positions of power and influence tell them, and they would never think of questioning the government or the media, nor would they consider that our government is anything other than what they present that they are. And I used to be just like them, very naïve and trusting.

 

The Counsel of the Wicked

Psalms 1:1-2 ESV

 

“Blessed is the man

    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,

nor stands in the way of sinners,

    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;

but his delight is in the law of the Lord,

    and on his law he meditates day and night.”

 

So, why did I automatically trust the government and the media? I was trained (programmed) to do so at home, by my parents, at church, and at public school. Although I learned early on to question false doctrine and things that did not sound right biblically, I never thought to question if my government and the media were telling me the truth.

 

But then the Lord began to open my eyes to the truth because he didn’t want me to be deceived, and because he wanted me to share what I have learned with others so that they are not deceived. And I just ask you to pray about what I am sharing with you, and that you ask the Lord to open your eyes to the truth and to show you where you are believing lies.

 

The thing of it is that the Scriptures warn us all throughout the Old and the New Testaments about liars and deceivers, and about deceiving spirits, and about wolves in sheep’s clothing, and about master manipulators, and about antichrists and false shepherds of the people and about a beast and a false prophet and a dragon (Satan) who are out to deceive the world.

 

So, why do we assume that we are not being deceived? Why do we assume that ungodly men (and women) are to be trusted fully and that we are to walk in their counsel just because they are the leaders of the world? Or why do we assume that just because a man has the title “pastor” or “president” that he is to be believed? We should not! – no matter who he is!

 

So, the Scriptures teach us that we are not to walk in the counsel of the wicked (those who are not following Jesus Christ with their lives). We are not to trust them or believe what they tell us or do what they say to do just because they said to do it. Now, we have to obey our governing authorities, but not blindly. We are to test what they are telling us, and we are to inquire of the Lord if what they are telling us is something we should do or not.

 

And this is why: Because we can be deceived into following the antichrist and to worshiping the beast without even realizing we are doing that. We can be talked into taking the mark of the beast without realizing we are doing it, too. For, what is a mark, besides something physical? It is an influence, a characteristic, a symptom, a trait, or a quality.

 

And what do our hands represent? Our deeds! And what do our foreheads represent? Our thinking, believing, and attitudes which are then shown by what we do. So, to take the mark of the beast is first and foremost to take its (their) influence and character on our minds, on our thinking and believing, which is then reflected in our deeds.

 

And this will lead to blind obedience, to doing whatever they tell us to do, and believing whatever lies they tell us, too. And that will not lead us to a good place, I guarantee you! So, please do not trust anyone blindly. Inquire of the Lord regarding your government heads and what they are telling you and what the news media is telling you and ask the Holy Spirit to give you a spirit of discernment so that you don’t fall into the devil’s trap.

 

But you are not going to be discerning if you are not following the Lord in obedience, and if you are believing the lies that tell you that you are saved and going to heaven even if you are still living in deliberate and habitual sin against God. Repent of your sin, turn to the Lord, walk in obedience to him, then pray for God to open your eyes to the lies you are believing.

 

Open The Eyes Of My Heart  

 

By Paul Joseph Baloche

 

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord

Open the eyes of my heart

I want to see You

I want to see You

 

To see You high and lifted up

Shinin' in the light of Your glory

Pour out Your power and love

As we sing holy, holy, holy

 

Holy, holy, holy

We cry holy, holy, holy

You are holy, holy, holy

I want to see you

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnqb7Vn4AEE

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: