Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Rainy Days


It has been raining hard here for a week. It has been dark and dismal. I feel a head cold coming on, nose stopped up, and I have been struggling to stay awake throughout the day. I have had some dizziness during this time, too.

Yet, we are not flooded like many people are right now, who have had to abandon their houses, and the water keeps rising. We have a roof over our heads, and a dry and comfortable place to live and to sleep, for now. So, we have much to be thankful for.

All week long I feel like I have been under attack from the enemy. I have struggled to write several days. A few days I truly just did not feel like writing, so I prayed, and I was honest with God, and I just asked that he take over and be my strength and put his words within me, and he did.

I know that some of this is not coming just from the rain and from my physical condition, but from the condition of my marriage, too, which is not good. My husband still gives in regularly to the lusts of the flesh and lives in continual unfaithfulness and covers it with lies. But, lately he has been confessing more, eventually, but there is still this wall between us, and that weighs heavy on my heart sometimes, and that is where I was today.

Today I was definitely under attack in my emotions, so I just had to pull back from writing and spend some time getting refreshed in my spirit through prayer and through reading what God was teaching my brothers and sisters in Christ, and that encouraged and strengthened me much.

I was battling guilt over not writing today, but I just felt in my spirit that I needed to pull away and have a day to rest and to get refreshed before I could get back to work. And, the Lord encouraged me this evening that it was ok for me to do that, for we all need that sometimes.

Even Jesus had to leave the crowds sometimes and go off somewhere alone and spend time with his heavenly Father. So, we need to do that, too.

Refresh My Spirit, Lord  
An Original Work / August 8, 2011

Based off of Psalm 51 & Matthew 11:28-30

Refresh my spirit, Lord.
Revive my heart today.
Move me to serve You,
Lord in all I do and say.
Be my heart’s one desire;
my spirit set on fire
In pure devotion, Lord,
to love you and obey.

Create within me, Lord,
a pure heart, this I pray,
So I can worship You
and yield to You always.
May all Your love and pow’r
be lived in me, I pray,
So I might love as You;
be Your witness today.

Jesus says, “Come to me
all you with heavy hearts,
And find in me your peace,
and give to me your all.
My yoke is light to bear,
‘cause I paid for your sin,
So you might be set free,
and purified within.”



No comments: