Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

For God Only

Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 6:42 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song “Fully Ready.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Psalm 62 (Select vv. NASB).

My Soul Waits (vv. 1-2)

My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

I wonder if we really grasp what this means. My soul, i.e. my person, my spirit, or the very core or essence of my being waits, i.e. it stays still and quiet before God, and delays action until I hear from him, and from him alone. When I am troubled in my spirit, or when I have to make a serious decision about something, or when I am seeking counsel or direction for my life, I go to God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – as my ONLY source of salvation (deliverance, help, solution). He ONLY is my Rock (support, strength, foundation). He ONLY is my stronghold (sanctuary, fortification).

How many of us can say with all honesty that this is true of us consistently? And, that we don’t first try to resolve our issues ourselves, with our own logic and reasoning, or run first to our best friends or to Facebook or to some human counselor or doctor before we even consult God? Or, if we do pray to God first, that we don’t immediately then run to someone else or go ahead and make the decisions ourselves rather than wait on God quietly, until he answers? How many of us, when we are in pain, go first of all to the medicine chest or the pharmacy or to a doctor without even consulting God?

Over the years, I have been learning much about what this entails. I don’t claim to do this perfectly, but I have grown much in this area of trusting God first and foremost and waiting on him before acting. Whereas, years past, I use to run to the medicine cabinet or to a doctor first, now I trust God to see me through the pain and to give me the wisdom to know what I can do to help alleviate the pain, such as losing weight, exercising, eating healthier, consuming smaller food portions, drinking lots of water and avoiding food and beverages high in fat, sugar and caffeine. And, I feel so much better!

God made us, so he knows best what we need, so we need to ask him what to do and then wait on him to answer, rather than looking elsewhere for our help first. I am not saying that we should not go to doctors or that medicine does not have its place, but all too often we, as Americans, run there first, whereas we need to run to God and let him show us what is best for us.

How Long? (vv. 3-4)

How long will you assail a man,
That you may murder him, all of you,
Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position;
They delight in falsehood;
They bless with their mouth,
But inwardly they curse. Selah.

Not only might we be guilty of running to other helps or helpers, in place of God, or before we seek His counsel, but we also might be guilty of having “other lovers” (spiritually speaking) which (or whom) we lean on for support rather than making God our only husband, lover, Savior and Lord. The first one that comes to mind, for us in America, at least, and which the Lord has been showing me these past 11 years, is the U.S. government. The vast majority of the church here in America has partnered with the U.S. government via the 501c3 not-for-profit tax exempt status. What this does is place the U.S. government in a position as head over the church, i.e. over the institutional church, superseding Jesus Christ as the true and only head.

But, it isn’t just that the church is committing adultery against her Lord with this “other lover,” but that she has partnered with the ungodly, which is forbidden in scripture (2 Co. 6:14-18), and she has turned the church (God’s house of prayer) into a marketplace, which Jesus abhors (See: Jn. 2:13-17). Jesus said, “Take these things away; stop making My Father’s house a place of business.” But, this is what the church, for the most part, has done! The church is now a corporation under the headship of the federal government, and answerable to the government, and now it operates just like any other human-based business, fully incorporating business and marketing schemes in order to attract their customer base (the world) to their businesses.

The church, at large, has partnered with an evil government, which is under the authority of the wealthy and powerful (elite) of this world, who are forming a New World Order by going throughout the world conquering peoples, nations and Christians, killing at will civilians, soldiers, and even our own soldiers in order to bring in the rule of the beast and a one-world religion. So the church has, fundamentally, partnered with the antichrist, and has bought into its lies and deceptions. Rather than standing against what is antichrist, she is giving it her support and worship via the pledge (vow) of allegiance (fidelity) to the US government, and the singing of patriotic songs, and the honoring of our soldiers as our “saviors.” And, she will be held responsible (culpable) for all our government’s crimes against humanity, too, because of this partnership. She has blood on her hands.

God is Our Refuge (vv. 7-8)

On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.

When we make God our only God, salvation, rock and stronghold, and we follow Jesus Christ and his lead in our lives, and our ears are tuned into his voice, and we walk in fellowship with him, we will live lives which are separate (unlike, different) from the world, because we are being formed into the likeness of Christ. We will now walk in the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh. We won’t partner with the ungodly and we won’t participate in their sinful practices. But, our desire will be for God, to serve him only, and to live holy lives, pleasing to him. And, we will take our stand on the Word of God, the Word of Truth, the gospel of our salvation.

Yet, when we do that, many people will reject, hate, ostracize, abandon, ignore, oppose and/or persecute us because we aren’t like them. They will think we are weird, crazy, fanatics, holy rollers, fuddy-duddies, extremists, judgmental, intolerant, legalistic and the like. And, many of our opponents will actually be inside the organized church, and among its leadership. But, we cannot let their opinions of us sway us from following Jesus Christ and what we know is right. Even if it means our deaths, we must stand on the Word of God and the gospel of our salvation (the whole counsel of God) as was taught by Jesus and his NT apostles. And, we must not compromise with the world in order to make peace with the world, either. Rather, we must share with the world the truth about the gospel, to win them to Christ.

So, what is this truth we must share? It is that Jesus Christ died on a cross that we might die to sin and live to righteousness, not just to forgive us our sins, to free us from punishment, and to promise us heaven when we die. He died that we might no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave his life up for us. He died to give us new lives in Christ, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. His grace to us is NOT free license to continue in sin without guilt and remorse. His grace instructs us to say “No” to ungodliness and to live upright and holy lives while we wait for Christ’s return (1 Pet. 2:24; 2 Co. 5:15; Eph. 4:17-24; Tit. 2:11-14).

You see, our salvation is not just from hell, but it is from addiction (slavery) to sin. Sin should no longer have dominion over us, because Jesus set us free! So, we need to live like we are free – all in his power, strength and wisdom, daily putting on the armor of God, resisting Satan, fleeing temptation, and drawing near to our God in full assurance of faith. Amen!

Fully Ready! / An Original Work / June 19, 2013

Based off Acts 20-22, 26; Mt. 28:18-20; Ac. 1:8

Why are you weeping and breaking my heart?
I’m fully ready to suffer for Christ.
If I must die for the sake of His name,
I am convinced it will not be in vain.
Glory to God and to His Son Jesus,
Who has redeemed us; bought with His blood.

May I speak to you? Jesus came to me;
Asked of me, “Why do you persecute me?”
He said, “Now get up and stand on your feet.
Go, and you’ll be told all I have for you.
I have appointed you as a servant,
And as a witness; you have been sent.”

“Go into the world and preach the gospel.
Open the blind eyes. They will receive sight.
Turn them from darkness to the light of Christ;
From power of the evil one to God,
So they may receive forgiveness of sins,
And a place among those who’re in heav’n.”



No comments: